LIVE Chat 1/17/23: The philosophy of Gather 'Round and some of our more FAQ's!
Do you have a burning question about Gather 'Round? Come and learn more about our approach to reading, what the seatwork pages are, the differences between the years, and more! Let's talk philosophy! Plus, a few updates!
00:35 Hear about the latest podcast! You can listen to Gather 'Round with Rebecca Spooner Episode #9: Freedom at any of the links below:
1:50 What will be in this LIVE (FAQs, updates, questions at the end)?
3:15 We are redoing our read thru the Bible in a year plan! Listen here to find out how this will work. It’s going to be a great resource with a ton of bonuses!
8:00 Growing Up With God and US History 6 updates
18:55 Rebecca discusses the FAQs we hear often:
- 19:00 What are the differences between the years?
- 25:25 What is the weekly seatwork found at the front of the Student Books?
- 30:05 What are Seatwork Journals (writing mechanics)?
- 36:09 Do you have to do 10 units in a year?
- 37:53 How do I fit in the mini units?
- 39:20 How do I cast my Teacher’s Guide to the tv or use the books digitally?
- 42:39 Can Gather ‘Round Homeschool be used secularly?
- 44:39 Is Gather ‘Round Homeschool accredited?
- 46:25 Did you know we have resources for all of our units?
- 53:15 Do I need a Teacher’s Guide and Student Books to complete a unit?
- 53:50 Should I not do year 1 until it is redone? Will Gather ‘Round go back and make other units like the more recent ones?
- 56:50 More about differences in the years…
60:00 Math may be in the future!
63:45 Closing/Wrap-up/Convention Schedule