North America is one of our Connecting Continents units where we learn about some of the different countries, cultures, food, history, landmarks, features, and animals of this fascinating continent. Here are some of the things you can look forward to in this beautiful new unit:
• This month we zone in on the regions of Canada and the United States as well as touching on some of the other amazing countries to the south of our continent!
• Mapping, flag work, and our new format of note booking pages where we begin to teach note taking skills and have some written narration/summation built within them.
• National anthems of Canada and the United States
• We touch on slavery and some of the songs from that time.
• Middle and High school goes into WWII, the War of 1812, the US Civil War, conflicts, disaster and disease, religious beliefs and more.
• This month our "writing project" is focusing on an oral presentation. We encourage students of all ages to choose a topic and a method of delivery (from talking about it with notes to delivering it as a slideshow or video). We talk about inflection vs. monotone, posture, eye contact, enunciation, and more! This is a HUGE skill in Language Arts and one that is often missed so I am excited to dive into what it means to speak with confidence this month.
There are two primary ways to purchase this unit.
1. Digital provides you with the PDFs for you to print yourself. You'll have the files forever to reuse over and over with lifetime access to print for at home use.DIGITAL
2. Hard copies means we do the work for you. Place your order and we'll send you beautiful coil bound books right to your doorstep!HARD COPIES